M Design Boutique is proud to announce the addition of Organic Reusable Grocery Bags!
The organic bag is manufactured using viscose from bamboo, linen and a fine grade hemp. The bags come with their own little pouch for easy storage in a glove compartment or handbag.
The bags are printed with vegetable based inks and are all packaged a recycled cardboard box that has been printed with organic soy-based waterless inks. A great gift idea for just $25!
- Approx. 380 billion plastic bags are used in the United States every year.
- Approx. 100 billion of the 380 billion are plastic shopping bags.
- An estimated 12 million barrels of oil is required to make that many plastic bags.
- Only 1 to 2% of plastic bags in the USA end up getting recycled.
- Plastic bags create pollution and kill wildlife in the USA every day of the year.
- It is estimated that 500 billion plastic bags are used and discarded worldwide every year.
- 1 million plastic bags are used and discarded worldwide every minute of the day.
- Single use plastic bags made of HDPE remain in the environment for up to approx. 1,000 years.
- Over 100,000 birds, whales, seals and turtles worldwide are killed by plastic rubbish every year.