Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Little Early: I Love My Mom -- Double-Knit Style!


Apparently my Mom (who we can safely credit for many of my creative talents...and the technical ones as well)...is sending me swatches of a massive batch of '70s double-knit fabrics that she inherited from...um...well somewhere. I'll ask her...ANYWAY...

I've got a hankering to see what happens to these...perhaps a retro-style handbag made with totally DOUBLE-KNIT madness?!! I mean, you can't just expect people to go re-insane over the pantsuits... so uh...how about a nice genuine 70's secret lining your foxy handbag? M Design Boutique intends to make you a "wanter of double knits". And that is no joke.

Mama Fouch delivers the goods.

I say: Stick a comb in the back pocket of your super tight hi-rise jeans and remember to tell your Mom you loved her in that home-made orange Hawaiian-print bikini with silhouettes of palm trees or sail boats...which was it....anyway...tell her thanks for painting your wicker headboard that cream color. Tell her thanks for always supplying the where-with-all to get through the "mistakes" with the puff-paint and the "knit happens" and the seriously odd sewing job on the hot pink crop top (anyone?)...

Thanks Mom. You've taught me lots of stuff...and all of it awesome. Mostly you've taught me that you being totally YOU is a great inspiration for me to be totally ME!

And don't worry Dad...Father's Day is coming up....

No comments: